NATURAL VS SYNTHETIC MAKEUP BRUSHES
What is the difference?
- As a general rule, natural fibers are best for powders, synthetic fibers are best for creams.
- Natural bristles hold powder products most effectively because the hair has scales, which help to hold the makeup on the brush until you apply it.
- Natural bristles can be single animal fibers or a mixture. The animal is brushed and the hair is gathered, grouped, color matched, and bound together to create a brush.
- Less expensive brushes are more likely to have synthetic (Nylon and Taklon) fibers, which work best for creamy products like lipstick, but you'll also find brushes for brows and eyeliner with a synthetic bristle. The most effect concealer brushes are also synthetic because they provide heavier coverage.
- Some people are sensitive or allergic to the animal hair in natural brushes. Often they will blame the makeup for their problem that is actually caused by a reaction to the animal hair. Obviously anyone with any types of sensitivities should stick with synthetic brushes.